At IBC 2019, Tokina has announced a new 135mm T1.5 Vista Cinema Prime lens for Sony E-mount. The US price is $8,999.00, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video.
- The 135mm T1.5 E mount prime lens is capable of focusing images on a sensor with full 8K resolution and features a 45.6mm image circle, which easily covers standard-sized full-frame sensors.
- The use of a 9-blade iris produces a smooth round appearance to out-of-focus specular highlights. The iris also produces a pleasing bokeh, referring to natural-looking out-of-focus areas of the image. The iris is manual and features smooth movement without click stops for smooth exposure adjustments while recording.
- The lens has markings on both sides of the barrel, making it easy to read focus and aperture settings from behind or from either side of the camera.
- The lens shares the same front lens diameters and gear positioning on the focus and iris rings as the other lenses in the series, making lens switching quick and convenient.
- Designed to minimize variations in the angle of view while focusing, a phenomenon known as focus breathing. This feature is extremely important while pulling focus, especially on static shots, where focus breathing is more noticeable.
- Features threading on the front of the lens to accommodate 112mm screw-on filters. This feature allows the camera operator to add filters over the lens without taking up a filter stage in a matte box.