Recently, NewSwitch has published an interview with Sony manager Yasuyuki Nagata talking about the future of Sony’s mirrorless camera system and market share.
Below are some highlights of this interview:
- The increase in the high-end full frame mirrorless bodies will also lead to an increase in the purchase of lenses.
- Sony want make dozens of lenses. They want to focus on the target and expand the user base.
- The recently released Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G OSS Lens is more popular than expected.
- Sony is concerned about the rise in material costs, but they will not compromise for miniaturization and weight reduction of the product.
- Even if 1% of them take the idea of“ I want to have a camera ”, the market will be doubled.
- RX0 released in April can be used in environments where smartphones cannot be used.