After the announcement of Sony a7S III (B&H Photo/Adorama/Amazon), Sony has one unannounced camera code WW850128 got registered. According to latest rumors on SonyRumors, this new camera could be an entry-level full frame mirrorless camera Sony a5 or Sony a6. The official announcement for this new camera is expected in September next month.
Below is rumored specs of Sony a5/a6:
- Announcement expected in September, 2020
- Price below $1,500, similar as Canon EOS RP and Nikon Z5
- 5 fps
- 4K 24p 10bit 100mbps, 4K 30p 10bit 100mbps and it even has 50/60p 4K but is really crippled
- No pop-up flash
- Pop-up evf with 770.000 pixels (2.3m points) 0.6x mag.
- NP-FZ100 Battery, the grip is pretty large to accommodate the battery
- USB Type-C
- Touch LCD screen similar to Sony a7S III
- Single SD card slot
- Headphone jack
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Body design similar to a5xxx/a6xxx APS-C E-mount mirrorless cameras