Sigma today has officially announced the new 24mm f/3.5 DG DN | Contemporary Lens, 35mm f/2 DG DN | Contemporary Lens, 65mm f/2 DG DN | Contemporary Lens for Sony E-mount, with a release date in Mid-January, 2021. You can take a look at price and pre-order options below:
- Sigma 24mm f/3.5 DG DN | Contemporary Lens – $549 – Pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama
- Sigma 35mm f/2 DG DN | Contemporary Lens – $639 – Pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama
- Sigma 65mm f/2 DG DN | Contemporary Lens – $699 – Pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama
SIGMA Introduces Full-Frame Mirrorless I series Premium Compact Prime Lenses
New Lenses Offer Outstanding Performance, Superior Build Quality and Elegant Design
Ronkonkoma, NY – December 1, 2020 – Today, SIGMA Corporation introduces the I series of lenses for full-frame mirrorless cameras. Pairing both for exceptional optical performance and stylish, compact design, the three new lenses – the 24mm F3.5 DG DN | Contemporary, 35mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary, and 65mm DG DN | Contemporary – join the previously released 45mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary to establish a new benchmark in compact performance lenses. Featuring all-metal construction for durability and cutting-edge optical designs, the I series lenses are available in L-Mount and Sony E-mount.
“When it comes to mirrorless cameras, striking the proper balance between performance and size is even more crucial. We believe there is a growing demand for compact, high-performance, high-quality lenses,” reports SIGMA America President Mark Amir-Hamzeh. “The introduction of the I series of full-frame mirrorless-exclusive lenses answers this call. The I series represents a new option: premium compact primes that are stylish in appearance with impressive specifications and optical performance.”
Built to the mechanical and operational standards of SIGMA Cine lenses, in compact mirrorless form, the I series have outstanding feel and touch in the hand. The well-damped manual focus ring, aperture ring, and autofocus switches embody true functional beauty.
The I series is being announced with 3 new lenses:
- 24mm F3.5 DG DN | Contemporary (MSRP $549)
- 35mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary (MSRP $639)
- 65mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary (MSRP $699)
The three new lenses will be available for sale through authorized US retailers in mid-January, 2021.
The 45mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary, available now (MSRP $549), is also part of this series.
Key I series Lens Features:
- All I series lenses feature an all-metal body, with high-precision metal internal parts, and a metal lens hood. The 24mm F3.5 is a petal-type hood.
- All I series lenses feature a manual aperture ring and knurled surfaces for an enjoyable tactile experience.
- The 35mm F2 and 65mm F2 lenses feature a newly-designed arc-type auto/manual focus mode switch.
- The 24mm F3.5, 35mm F2 and 65mm F2 lenses all feature a dust and splash-proof mount
- The three new lenses each ship with both a plastic lens cap and a magnetic metallic cap.
- An optional magnetic cap holder (model CH-11, MSRP $29) features a mini-carabiner for clipping to a camera bag, jacket or belt loop, and has a donut-style center hole to easily remove the cap when it is time to place it back on the lens.