The previous leaked Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Contemporary Lens for Sony E-mount now officially announced. This lens is exclusively designed for Sony E-mount. The US price for this lens is $949, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video. Release date for this lens is on July 10th, 2020.
Video previews & reviews:
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, but can also work with APS-C models where it provides a 150-600mm equivalent focal length range.
- One F Low Dispersion (FLD) element and four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Optical image stabilization compensates for up to four stops of camera shake to help realize sharp imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance.
- At the 100mm end of the zoom range, a minimum focusing distance of 3.7′ is available, and at the 400mm end, the minimum focusing distance is 5.2′ with a maximum magnification of 1:4.1.
- Integrated AFL button can be programmed to adjust various shooting settings and the lens also features a focus limiter switch for faster focusing performance within certain distance ranges. There is a zoom lock switch to prevent the barrel from accidentally extended.
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity and rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount’s design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Compatible with optional TS-111 Tripod Socket for working atop a tripod or monopod; the included PT-31 Protective Cover can be attached to the lens to maintain a seamless appearance if the tripod socket is not used.